Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Adventures in Photography

I've been an avid point and shooter for years and recently graduated to a quasi-SLR - the Panasonic G1 - a micro four thirds camera. The micro four thirds format is fresh on the digital camera scene. It's defined by the lack of the internal mirror thereby eliminating the optical viewfinder. What results is a smaller and lighter camera body that accommodates interchangeable lenses. All but the first photo post will be shot with the G1.

A few notes on this blog before I get started:

First, there won't be much detail with each shot. My goal is to capture images that speak for themselves. I'll add links to place details with most posts. For places that require extra explanation, I'll post a description on my ramble and roam blog.

Second, I'm still figuring out the basics - composition, what all the dials and buttons mean, post processing, etc. I'm realizing that photography is a sport that taxes both pockets and patience, so bear with me.

Third, for this blog, I'll go with the Wikipedia definition of "Phoenix Metro".

Fourth, if you visited this blog looking for information on Phoenix, please don't feel cheated by the dearth of place info. on this site. I'll only post shots that, at the very least, give you a flavor of what it's like to be here. You can fill in the blanks with a quick google search or a good guide book. Of course, google and guide books are no substitute for the real thing. So, if you like what you see, come and visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment