Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Portraits

Of the 50 photos I've posted since July, only one features people - and that photo was a guest contribution. Portraits aren't my strength mostly because people shots are all about catching the perfect moment, which requires mind-numbing patience and luck.  However, I can't continue to deny the fact that wherever I find myself, people define the place as much as, if not more than, landmarks, food and scenery.  If I'm to do a city photo blog justice, I need to post people pics. 

For inspiration, I'll be hitting Phoenix Art Museum's newest exhibit "Face to Face: 150 Years of Photographic Portraiture". The exhibit runs from September 19, 2009 to January 10, 2010.  In honor of the exhibit, and as a tool to force myself to sit still and try people pics for a change, I'll post only portraits through November. 

For more information, see http://www.phxart.org/exhibition/exhibitionfacetoface.php.

No comments:

Post a Comment